The European Creative Business Network (ECBN) is a unique not for profit foundation, founded in 2011, promoting the interests of the cultural creative industries in Europe. Our 26 industry defining members, currently stemming from 13 EU countries ,are leading agencies, hubs, centres and intermediaries for the cultural creative industries on local, regional and/or national level. Together, we account for approx 70% of the workforce in cultural creative industries in Europe.
Some of our services:
- Regular briefings into what is going on in Brussels and across Europe in the support for the creative industries
- High-level meet ups with our members and invited guests on the latest issues affecting the sector
- An annual ECBN Policy Forum with top Brussels policymakers where you can find out the latest in new funds and best practice
- Study tours and networking events so our members can find out more about different European projects and meet new, trusted partners
- Findings from our own research and advocacy programmes
- The chance to participate in shared funding applications.
We help our members access and participate in the “Champion’s League” of European policymaking.
Ultimately, through the resources, expertise and connections of all of our members, we aim to enable creative enterprises, whatever their size, to scale up and flourish within the world’s largest market for creative goods and services.
The Foundation is governed by its board members which elect an executive committee to organize and deliver the ECBN activities. Most of the ECBN services including sectorial knowledge exchange, the research and especially the policy advocacy are not publicly funded, putting ECBN in a unique recognizably independent position.