It is out ! The European Manifesto on Supporting Innovation for Cultural and Creative Sectors
Frankfurt am Main, 11/10/2018
WHY THE CULTURAL & CREATIVE SECTORS MUST UNITE – AND WHY THEY SHOULD BE TREATED AS A KEY SECTOR: BARRIERS TO INNOVATION, AND SOLUTIONS FOR A STRONG INNOVATIVE ENVIRONMENT FOR CULTURE AND CREATIVITY IN EUROPE
In the growing innovation gap between technology and culture: Digitisation and new technologies such as artificial intelligence, virtual and augmented reality, blockchain, 3-D printing and big data can trigger innovation at all levels of the creative sectors. However, although there are plenty of innovative initiatives and start-ups in the creative and cultural sectors, very few of these reach a scale sufficient for them to have a bigger impact onsociety or the market. We can see a growing gap between technology and culture. Culture, and with it society, are struggling to catch up with the exponential speed of technological innovation.
First Strong Step for a Joint Voice for the Cultural Creative Economy !
Leading stakeholders from the cultural creative economy took a first step on Oct 11 to rally together and to speak with a joint voice – with these partners and supporters:
- Ugo Bacchella, Fitzcarraldo Foundation/ArtLab
- Bernd Fesel, European Creative Business Network (ECBN)/european centre for creative economy (ecce)
- Nina Klein, The Innovation Summit, THE ARTS+
- Julia Pagel, NEMO
- Harry Verwayen, Europeana Foundation
- Enrico Turrin, Federation of European Publishers (FEP)
- Piero Attanasio, Italian Publishers Association (AIE)
- Cigdem Aker, German Publishers and Booksellers Association
- Octavio Kulesz, Editorial Teseo/UNESCO
- Christine M. Merkel, German Commission for UNESCO
- Andrea Wagemans, WAN-IFRA/GAMI
- Heritiana Ranaivoson, SMIT/imec/Mediaroad
- Luis González, Fundación Germán Sánchez Ruipérez
- Simona de Rosa & Andrea Nicolai, T6 Ecosystems/ I3
- Pierre-Yves Danet, Orange Labs/New European Media/ VitalMedia
- David Vuillaume, Deutscher Museumsbund
ECBN and Fitzcarraldo Foundation are proud and thankful to be strategic partners of this manifesto dialogues of the last four months and lead the editorial process of such inspirational and ambitious institutions !
We are especially grateful to Nina Klein to moderate and lead our work and efforts !
Bernd Fesel, ECBN, and Ugo Bacchella, Fitzcarraldo Foundation:
“We take this cooperation and such great partners as an opportunity and motivation to thrive to built an even stronger united voice for the cultural creative economy. Stay tuned for the next initiatives in 2019!”